"Security Assertion Markup Language 2.0 is a version of the SAML standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between security domains.". In short, SAML is used to define the tokens.
Reference: Security Assertion Markup Language
WP Glossary Term Usage
- Identify*Runtime: How to disable Relaystate validation
- What is new ?
- Token type SAML 1.1 vs Token type SAML 2.0
- WHR: redirect the connection to ADFS
- License & Security
- Claim Pipeline
- How to customize AuthnRequest by scripting
- NameID Format Transformation
- IdP -Initiated Connection
- Add metadata
- System setup
- SAML 2.0 Application
- SAML 2.0 login method