If you have a Safewhere Identify instance that didn’t have the Safewhere Admin before and now you want it, Configurator’s Reconfigure is the functionality that you need. The new reconfiguring feature is supported from version 5.4 which is released on 21st Dec 2018.
- You need to install the latest Identify installer.
- Upgrade your Identify instance to the latest version as usual first.
How to deploy Safewhere Admin
You can open Configurator and select Reconfigure an instance.
At the Reconfigure step, select “Deploy Safewhere Admin” and click “Next”.
The next step will give you information about the current Safewhere Admin version installed on your machine.
Click “Next” button to go to the “Execution” steps.
Click “Next” to start the installation process.
This step will deploy Safewhere Admin for your instance on the current machine. After Safewhere Admin is deployed successfully, you will find that the following resources have been provisioned on your instance:
- An OAuth 2.0 protocol connection is created because Safewhere Admin uses Safewhere Identify’s OpenId Connect to do authentication and authorization.
- A free claim “http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/nameidentifier” is created
- A discrete claim “urn:anyid:role” is created. This is the role that Safewhere Admin needs to do authorization.
- The default “admin” user will have that new role assigned.
Replicate to the other node
If you deployed your Safewhere Identify instance in redundant mode, you will need to repeat step 1 on the other server.